The history of higher education : major themes in education
- edited by Roy Lowe.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- 5 v. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Major themes in education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|LA173 .H584 2009 V.1||Unknown|
|LA173 .H584 2009 V.2||Unknown|
|LA173 .H584 2009 V.3||Unknown|
|LA173 .H584 2009 V.4||Unknown|
|LA173 .H584 2009 V.5||Unknown|
- Lowe, Roy.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. The origins and dissemination of the university ideal
- v. 2. The nature of the university
- v. 3. Universities and the state
- v. 4. The evolving curriculum
- v. 5. Elite formation, system building and the rise of the student estate.
- Publisher's Summary
- This new major Work is a five-volume collection in Routledge's "Major Themes in Education" series. It charts the history and development of higher education. Encompassing the period since 1760, the principal focus is on the late-eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, although more recent developments are also addressed. The rise and development of universities and of higher education in Britain provides the central theme of the collection and is used as a model for developments elsewhere in the English-speaking world. Particular attention is paid to the United States and the British Empire, but some material on other European countries and on the rise of higher education in countries such as Japan and China has also been included. Thus, at the core of this collection is the dissemination of a university ideal around the globe and its particular implications and interpretation in specific societies and locations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415378543 20160527
- Publication date
- Major themes in education
- 9780415378543 (set)
- 0415378540 (set)
- 9780415384698 (vol.1, hardback)
- 0415384699 (vol.1, hardback)
- 9780415384704 (vol. 2, hardback)
- 0415384702 (vol. 2, hardback)
- 9780415384711 (vol. 3, hardback)
- 0415384710 (vol. 3, hardback)
- 9780415384728 (vol. 4, hardback)
- 0415384729 (vol. 4, hardback)
- 9780415384735 (vol. 5, hardback)
- 0415384737 (vol. 5, hardback)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: