Handbook of data-based decision making in education
- New York : Routledge, 2009.
- Physical description
- xv, 494 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
LB2805 .H2862 2009
- Unknown LB2805 .H2862 2009
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Preface Part I: Theoretical and Practical Perspectives Evidence and Decision Making in Professions. Theodore J. Kowalski, University of Dayton Ethics and Decision Making by Educational Leaders. Paul T. Begley, Penn State University Legal Dimensions of Using Employee and Student Data to Make Decisions. R. Lance Potter and Jacqueline A. Stefkovich, Penn State University The Role of Private Firms in Data-Based Decision Making. Patricia Burch and Tracy Hayes, University of Wisconsin-Madison The No Child Left Behind Act: Making Decisions Without Data or Other Reality Checks. Timothy R. Konold and James M. Kauffman, University of Virginia Part II: Building Support for Data-Based Decisions Preparing Educators to Effectively Use Student Data Systems. Jeffrey C. Wayman and Vincent Cho, University of Texas-Austin Accessing and Using National Databases. Terrell Lamont Strayhorn, University of Tennessee Developing and Nurturing Resources for Effective Data-Driven Decision Making. Anthony Picciano, Hunter College Preparing Educators to Use Curriculum-Based Measurement. Robin Codding, University of Massachusetts and James Connell, Temple University Principal Leadership, Data, and School Improvement. Michael A. Copland, Michael S. Knapp, and Juli A. Swinnerton, University of Washington Building Data-Driven District Systems: Examples from Three Award-Winning Urban Systems. Heather Zavadsky, University of Texas System School System Strategies for Supporting Data Use. Amanda Datnow and Vicki Park, University of Southern California Research on Teachers' Using Data to Make Decisions. James Raths, Stephanie A. Kotch and Christine Carrino Gorowara, University of Delaware Research and Evaluation on Data-Based Decisions in Education. Gregory J. Marchant and Sharon E. Paulsen, Ball State University Part III: Data-Based Applications Using Data to Make Critical Choices. Thomas J. Lasley II, University of Dayton Formative versus Summative Assessments as Measures of Student Learning. Robert Marzano, Mid-continent Research Lab for Education and Learning Using Evidence to Support Administrative Decisions. Jane Hemsley-Brown, University of Surrey, United Kingdom Swimming in the Depths: Educators' Ongoing Effective Use of Data to Guide Decision Making. Leanne R. Bettesworth and Julie Alonzo University of Oregon and Luke Duesbery, San Diego State University Creative Decision-Making Strategies through Technology-Based Curriculum Tools. John Castellani and Deborah Carran, Johns Hopkins University Aggregating and Analyzing Classroom Achievement Data Supplemental to External Tests. John Burger, Brian Perry, and Megan Eagle, Alberta (Canada) Ministry of Education Collaborative Inquiry and Data-based Decision Making. Douglas Huffman and Kelli Thomas, University of Kansas Evidential Reasoning and Decision Support in Assessment of Teacher Practice. Arthur M. Recesso and Sally J. Zepeda, University of Georgia Data: The DNA of Politically-based Decision Making in Education. Bruce Cooper, Fordham University and John Surequ and Stephen Coffin, Montclair State University Using Data to Assess School Culture. Theodore J. Kowalski, University of Dayton and Tricia Browne-Ferrigno, University of Kentucky Data-Based Teacher Selection: Viewed from a Planning, Recruitment, and Selection Perspective. I. Phillip Young, University of California-Davis Issues of Recruitment and Selection from a Data-based Perspective: Implications for Educational Leadership Programs. I. Phillip Young, University of California-Davis and Carol Mullen, University of North Carolina-Greensboro When Data are Insufficient to Make Group Decisions: A Case Study in Community College Administration. Diane Dunlap, University of Oregon and Renae Weber, Treasure Valley Community College How NCLB has Affected the Practice of School District Superintendents. George Petersen, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and Larry Dlugosh, University of Nebraska.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- A comprehensive, cross-disciplinary, research-based, and practice-based resource that various educators can turn to as a guide to data-based decision making.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Theodore J. Kowalski and Thomas J. Lasley II.
- 9780415965033 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0415965039 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780415965040 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415965047 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203888803 (ebook)
- 0203888804 (ebook)