Guide to the aria repertoire
- Mark Ross Clark.
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- xi, 607 p. ; 24 cm.
- Indiana repertoire guides.
|ML128 .O4 C53 2007||In-library use|
- Clark, Mark Ross, 1951-
- Introduction Part I. Soprano Arias 1. Lyric Coloratura Nos. 1-14-- 2. Soubrette Nos. 15-25-- 3. Lyric Nos. 26-58-- 4. Dramatic Coloratura Nos. 59-73-- 5. Full Lyric Nos. 74-87-- 6. Spinto Nos. 88-95-- 7. Dramatic Nos. 96-106 Part II. Mezzo-Soprano Arias 8. Lyric Coloratura Nos. 1-18-- 9. Lyric Nos. 19-54-- 10. Dramatic Nos. 55-87-- 11. Contralto Nos. 88-99 Part III. Tenor Arias 12. Leggiero Nos. 1-20-- 13. Lyric Nos. 21-81-- 14. Spinto Nos. 82-100-- 15. Dramatic Nos. 101-102 Part IV. Baritone and Bass Arias 16. Lyric Baritone Nos. 1-39-- 17. Dramatic Baritone Nos. 40-64-- 18. Bass-Baritone Nos. 65-83-- 19. Bass Nos. 84-99 Index A. Arias Listed Alphabetically-- Index B. Arias by Opera-- Index C. Arias by Language-- Index D. Arias by Historical Period.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780253218100 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- A long-awaited resource for the young operatic singer, this annotated guide brings together many sources to start the journey toward powerful, informed performance. An extensive discussion of fach and audition repertoire is followed by over 400 arias organized by voice type, including canonical, contemporary, and obscure works from different languages. Each entry includes level of difficulty, voice/character type, special techniques, tessitura, and accompaniment. Chock full of detailed and insightful commentary from internationally renowned singers, directors, coaches, and other professionals - Regina Resnick, Sherrill Milnes, Carol Vaness, and Warren Jones to name a few - this volume will be invaluable to the performer, student, and teacher of operatic repertoire throughout their developing careers.Mark Ross Clark is an Associate Professor of Opera Studies in the Indiana University School of Music. He is the author of "Singing, Acting, and Movement in Opera" (Indiana University Press, 2002).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780253218100 20160528
- Publication date
- Indiana repertoire guides
- Includes indexes.
- 9780253218100 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0253218101 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780253346681 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0253346681 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: