- Laurie J. Vitt and Janalee P. Caldwell.
- 3rd ed.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier/Academic Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- xiv, 697 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (chiefly col.) ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 581-663) and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- This third edition, now fully revised and updated by two of Dr. Zug's colleagues, provides herpetology students and amateur reptile and amphibian keepers with the latest taxonomy and species developments from around the world. Herpetology is a rapidly evolving field , which has contributed to new discoveries in many conceptual areas of biology. The authors build on this progress by updating all chapters with new literature, graphics, and discussions-many of which have changed our thinking. With a new emphasis placed on conservation issues, "Herpetology" continues to broaden the global coverage from earlier editions, recognizing the burgeoning reptile and amphibian research programs and the plight of many species in all countries and all biomes. New information on the remarkable advances in behavioral, physiological, and phylo-geographical data provide students with the current research they need to advance their education and better prepare their future in herpetology. This book features: the latest taxonomy data; end-of-chapter discussions for classroom use; 90% new photographs, now all in full color for an enhanced visual representation; most recent information on the exciting and developing herpetological communities in Australia, Europe, Asia, South and North Americas; and, new emphasis on conservation issues surrounding herpetology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780123743466 20160528
- Publication date
- 012374346X (hard cover : alk. paper)
- 9780123743466 (hard cover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: