Writing for the screen : creative and critical approaches
- Waldeback, Zara.
- Includes filmography: p. 192-194.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-191) and index.
- Acknowledgments Introduction PART I: FOUNDATIONS Establishing Practice Subject: Ideas into Character Structure and Narrative Visual Storytelling Dialogue and Voice The Cultures of Screenwriting Key Points and Foundations Exercises PART II: SPECULATIONS Exploring Possibilities Subjects: Ideas into Character Structures and Narratives Visual Storytelling Dialogues and Voices Further Cultures of Screenwriting Key Points and Speculations Exercises Notes Bibliography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book presents an innovative approach to the art and practice of screenwriting, using contemporary case studies and interactive exercises. It presents an innovative and fresh approach to the art and practice of screenwriting, developing creative and critical awareness for writers, students and critics. It includes contemporary case studies, in-depth analysis and unique writing exercises. The book explores a wide variety of techniques, from detailed scene writing and non-linear structure, to documentary drama and the short film. This fresh approach to scriptwriting, innovative in style and approach, incorporates both creativity and critical appraisal as essential methods in writing for the screen. Contemporary case studies, in-depth analysis and interactive exercises create a wealth of ideas for those wishing to work in the industry or deepen their study of the practice.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Motion picture authorship.
- Publication date
- Craig Batty and Zara Waldeback.
- Approaches to writing
- 9780230550759 (pbk.)
- 0230550754 (pbk.)