Stranger on horseback [videorecording]
- a Leonard Goldstain production ; screenplay by Don Martin and Herb Meadow ; produced by Robert Goldstein ; directed by Jacques Tourneur.
- Widescreen presentation.
- [United States] : Distributed by VCI Entertainment, p2008.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (66 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- "Joel McCrea brings law and order to the range in Stranger on Horseback . McCrea portrays a circuit judge Richard Thorne, who comes to a small western town in the course of making his rounds. There he finds the town and surrounding area under the feudal thumb of an oldline family headed by Josiah Bannerman (John McIntire). Despite wholehearted opposition and obstacles, Thorne fingers Bannerman s spoiled son, Tom (Kevin McCarthy) for murder and smokes out the necessary frightened witnesses and defies the whole clan by seeing that justice is done. In doing so he even wins the grudging respect of the old cattle baron, gains the love of the latter's strong-willed niece, Amy (Miroslava Stern), and awakens the sheriff (Emile Meyer) to a new sense of duty"--Container.
- Release date
- Production date
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1955.
- Based on the story by Louis L'Amour.
- Specail features include radio show: Tales of Texas Rangers; Jeol McCrea: audio biographies by Joel Blumberg; The making of Stranger on horseback: audio biographies by Joel Blumberg; original theatrical trailer,
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Ray Rennahan; music, Paul Dunlap; editor, William B. Murphy.
- Joel McCrea, Miroslava, Kevin McCarthy, John McIntire, Nancy Gates,John Carradine.
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- DVD (NTSC, all regions); Dolby digital; widescreen.
- Publisher Number
- KPF578 VCI Entertainment
Browse related items
Start at call number: