Small bodies in planetary systems
- I. Mann, A.M. Nakamura, T. Mukai (eds.).
- Berlin : Springer, c2009.
- Physical description
- xi, 329 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Lecture notes in physics 758.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- From Protoplanetary Disks to Planetesimals, Taku Takeuchi.- Dynamics of small bodies in planetary systems-- Mark Wyatt.- Asteroids and their collisional disruption, Akiko Nakamura and Patrick Michel.- On the strength and disruption mechanisms of small bodies in the Solar System, Patrick Michel.- Meteoroids - observations and connection to parent bodies, Sinsuke Abe.- Dust models and optical properties, Aigen Li.- Physical processes of dust and small bodies in planetary systems, Ingrid Mann.- Observational Studies of Interplanetary Dust, Masateru Ishiguro and Muetaka Ueno.- Six Hot Topics in Planetary Astronomy, David Jewitt.- Detection of Extra-solar Planets and Circumstellar Disks, Yoichi Itoh.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540769347 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- The small bodies in planetary systems are indicative of the material evolution, the dynamical evolution and the presence of planets in a system. Recent astronomical research, space research, laboratory research and numerical simulations have brought a wealth of new and exciting findings on extra-solar planetary systems and on asteroids, comets, meteoroids and trans-Neptunian objects in our solar system. Progress in astronomical instrumentation has led to the discovery and investigation of small bodies in the outer solar system and to observations of debris disks related to the small bodies in extra-solar planetary systems. Space research allowed for close studies of some of the small solar system bodies from spacecraft. This class-tested lecture set is intended as an introduction to the latest research results and to the key issues of future research.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540769347 20160528
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in physics, 0075-8450 ; 758
- 9783540769347 (hbk.)
- 354076934X (hbk.)
- 3540769358 (e-book)
- 9783540769354 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: