An American in Paris [videorecording]
- MGM ; story and screenplay by Alan Jay Lerner ; produced by Arthur Freed ; directed by Vincente Minnelli.
- English, French. English or French dialogue; English or French subtitles., Closed-captioned.
- Special ed.
- [United States] : Warner Home Video, 2008.
- Physical description
- 2 videodiscs (113 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- An ex-G.I. stays in Paris after the war to study painting, supported by a rich American. The young soldier falls in love, but unfortunately, she is engaged to an older man.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title from container.
- Videodisc release of the 1951 motion picture.
- Special features: Commentary hosted by Patricia Ward Kelly, featuring rare interviews with Gene Kelly, Vincente Minnelli, Arthur Freed, Alan Jay Lerner, Johnny Green, Saul Chaplin, Michael Feinstein, Preston Ames and Irene Sharaff, and new observations by Leslie Caron and Nina Foch ; new ultra-resolution digital transfer ; vintage FitzPatrick TravelTalks short Paris on Parade ; classic cartoon Symphony in slang ; theatrical trailer ; 'S Wonderful: the Making of An American in Paris - spellbinding new documentary about the groundbreaking creation of a musical classic ; American Masters career profile Gene Kelly: Anatomy of a dancer ; Love walked in - outtake song sequence ; audio-only bonuses: outtake songs gallery and Gene Kelly/Leslie Caron/Johnny Green radio promos.
- Production Credits
- Music by George Gershwin ; lyrics by Ira Gershwin.
- Gene Kelly, Leslie Caron, Oscar Levant, Georges Guetary, Nina Foch.
- Rating: G.
- DVD, Dolby digital, fullscreen.
- Publisher Number
- 1000035911 Warner Home Video
Browse related items
Start at call number: