Philip Spiegel research papers relating to the campaign for free emigration of Jews from the Soviet Union, circa 1950-2008
- Physical description
- 7 linear feet (including circa 150 audiotapes on cassettes and ten VHS videocassettes)
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|M1649 BOX 6||In-library use|
|M1649 BOX 10||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 1||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 2||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 3||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 4||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 5||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 7||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 8||In-library use|
|M1649 CARTON 10||In-library use|
|M1649 FLAT BOX 9||In-library use|
- Spiegel, Philip.
- Organization & arrangement
- Box 1: notes & correspondence, A - Fuchs; box 2: Fulmacht - Lerner; box 3: Levanon - Schlossberg; box 4: Schneerson - Zand; boxes 5 - 6: Bay Area Council for Soviet Jews; box 7: Soviet Jewry; box 8: bound material; flat box 9: oversized items, memorabilia; box 10: color slides, 11 CDs, 3 DVDs; 1 VHS tape; box 11: transcribed interview cassette tapes.
- Primarily research notes and interviews made in conjunction with the book project, TRIUMPH OVER TYPRANNY; THE HEROIC CAMPAIGNS THAT SAVED 2,000,000 SOVIET JEWS. Included are files relating to the Bay Area Council for Soviet Jews, mid-1980s and later.
- Bay Area Council for Soviet Jews.
- Jews > Migrations > Government policy > Soviet Union.
- Jews > Persecutions > Soviet Union > Interviews.
- Jews, Soviet > History > 20th century > Interviews.
- Soviet republics > Ethnic relations > Sources.
- Soviet republics > History > Sources.
- Soviet Union > Ethnic relations > Sources.
- Soviet Union > History > 1953-1985 > Sources.
- Soviet Union > History > 1985-1991 > Sources.
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Gift of Philip Spiegel, 2008. Accession 2008-307.
Browse related items
Start at call number: