A guide to library research in music
- Pauline Shaw Bayne.
- Lanham, Md. : Scarecrow Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- xiv, 274 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
|ML3797 .B29 2008||In-library use|
- Bayne, Pauline Shaw.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -257) and indexes.
- Pt. 1. The short course : music research and writing. The research process
- Starting-point resources : reference books
- Starting-point resources : journals
- Starting-point resources : bibliographies
- A case study
- Scholarly writing
- Writing samples
- Pt. 2. How to : discover and use resources. Browsing as a discovery strategy
- Databases : structured for searching
- Subject searching in library catalogs : controlled vocabulary
- Subject searching in indexes and abstracts
- Keyword searching
- Related-record searching and citation indexes
- Other discovery methods : experts and the Internet
- Using thematic catalogs
- Pt. 3. Resources : the literature of music. M : the music--scores and recordings
- ML : music literature
- MT : instruction and study.
- Publication date
- 9780810861480 (cloth)
- 0810861488 (cloth)
- 9780810862111 (paper)
- 0810862115 (paper)
- 9780810862401 (ebk.)
- 0810862409 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: