Version control with Subversion
- C. Michael Pilato, Ben Collins-Sussman, and Brian W. Fitzpatrick.
- 2nd ed.
- Beijing ; Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly, 2008.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 404 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA76.6 .C6274 2008||Unknown|
- Publisher's Summary
- Written by members of the development team that maintains Subversion, this is the official guide and reference manual for the popular open source revision control technology. The new edition covers Subversion 1.5 with a complete introduction and guided tour of its capabilities, along with best practice recommendations. "Version Control with Subversion" is useful for people from a wide variety of backgrounds, from those with no previous version control experience to experienced system administrators. Subversion is the perfect tool to track individual changes when several people collaborate on documentation or, particularly, software development projects. As a more powerful and flexible successor to the CVS revision control system, Subversion makes life so much simpler, allowing each team member to work separately and then merge source code changes into a single repository that keeps a record of each separate version.Inside the updated edition "Version Control with Subversion", you'll find: an introduction to Subversion and basic concepts behind version control; a guided tour of the capabilities and structure of Subversion 1.5 ; guidelines for installing and configuring Subversion to manage programming, documentation, or any other team-based project; detailed coverage of complex topics such as branching and repository administration; advanced features such as properties, externals, and access control; and, a guide to best practices. It is a complete Subversion reference and troubleshooting guide. If you've never used version control, you'll find everything you need to get started. And if you're a seasoned CVS pro, this book will help you make a painless leap into Subversion.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780596510336 20160528
- Publication date
- Author Ben Collins-Sussman listed first for 1st ed.
- "The standard in open source version control"--Cover.
- Includes index.
- 0596510330 (paper)
- 9780596510336 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: