Effective school interventions : evidence-based strategies for improving student outcomes
- Natalie Rathvon.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xvii, 460 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC1201 .R38 2008||Unknown|
- Rathvon, Natalie.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 409-448) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Now in a substantially revised and expanded second edition, this highly practical resource and text presents 70 interventions that have been demonstrated to improve the classroom learning environment, academic achievement, and student behavior and social competence. Each intervention is presented in a brief, standardized format with step-by-step procedures that can easily be implemented by Pre-K-12 teachers and other school-based professionals. This volume includes best-practice guidelines for designing, implementing, and evaluating evidence-based school interventions, as well as strategies for combining multiple interventions to create a comprehensive program at the individual, class, or schoolwide level. Reflecting significant developments in research and practice, the second edition is designed for full compatibility with a response-to-intervention framework, and 42 of the interventions are entirely new.Also featured are a new chapter on preschool interventions and expanded coverage of curriculum-based measurement procedures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781572309678 20160528
- Publication date
- 9781572309678 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1572309679 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: