Encyclopedia of interpersonal violence
- edited by Claire M. Renzetti, Jeffrey L. Edleson.
- Los Angeles : Sage, c2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxxiv, 925 p.) ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Caregivers and Violence - Traci LaLiberte, Elizabeth Lightfoot.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412918008 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Encyclopedia of Interpersonal Violence", edited by Claire M. Renzetti and Jeffrey L. Edleson, is the definitive resource for members of the general public who are interested in learning more about various aspects of this problem, including different forms of interpersonal violence, incidence and prevalence, theoretical explanations, public policies, and prevention and intervention strategies.It is a useful resource for students at all educational levels, who are studying about types of interpersonal violence or who are anticipating a career in one of the many fields in which professionals address aspects of interpersonal violence. Practitioners and clinicians in a wide range of fields will also find the Encyclopedia helpful as a quick reference guide to contemporary statistics, theories, policies, and prevention/intervention programs. The Encyclopedia consists of two volumes, which together contain over 500 alphabetically arranged entries written by experts on the topic addressed and cross-referenced with related entries. Volume 2 also contains appendices that provide information on current data on incidence of interpersonal violence in each state.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412918008 20160528
- Publication date
- "A Sage reference publication."
- 9781412918008 (cloth)
- 1412918006 (cloth)
Browse related items
Start at call number: