Coaching whole school change : lessons in practice from a small high school
- Allen, David, 1961-
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xi, 152 p. ; 23 cm.
LB2831.92 .A45 2008
- Unknown LB2831.92 .A45 2008
- Ort, Suzanne Wichterle.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 149-150).
- Introduction: Coaching as a professional practice
- The development of coaching over time
- Organizing coaching time
- Planning for instruction
- Complementary strategies
- Expanding professional community
- Growing leadership
- Reflecting on coaching.
- Publisher's Summary
- The work of professional development in small schools settings is still very much a work in progress. This book provides a guide to coaching in a small school setting and is intended to provide small school administrators and practitioners with a means to institute and facilitate coaching in their ranks, especially important in new small schools where many teachers are new to the system and the profession.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- David Allen ; with Suzanne Wichterle Ort ... [et al.] ; foreword by Thomas Sobol ; afterword by Sylvia Rabiner.
- 0807749028 (paper)
- 9780807749029 (paper)