Introductory statistics with R
- Peter Dalgaard.
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xvi, 363 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Statistics and computing.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA276.45 .R3 D33 2008||Unknown|
- Dalgaard, Peter.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -356) and index.
- Basics. - The R environment. - Probability and statistics. - Descriptive statistics and graphics. - One and two sample tests. - Regression and correlation. - ANOVA and Kruskal-Wallis. - Tabular data. - Power and the computation of sample size. - Advanced data handling. - Multiple regression. - Linear models. - Logistic regression. - Survival analysis. - Rates and Poisson regression. - Nonlinear curve-fitting. - Obtaining and installing R and the ISwR package. - Data sets in the ISwR package. - Compendium. - Answers to exercises. - Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387790534 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- R is an Open Source implementation of the well-known S language. It works on multiple computing platforms and can be freely downloaded. R is thus ideally suited for teaching at many levels as well as for practical data analysis and methodological development. This book provides an elementary-level introduction to R, targeting both non-statistician scientists in various fields and students of statistics. The main mode of presentation is via code examples with liberal commenting of the code and the output, from the computational as well as the statistical viewpoint.Brief sections introduce the statistical methods before they are used. A supplementary R package can be downloaded and contains the data sets. All examples are directly runnable and all graphics in the text are generated from the examples. The statistical methodology covered includes statistical standard distributions, one- and two-sample tests with continuous data, regression analysis, one and two-way analysis of variance, regression analysis, analysis of tabular data, and sample size calculations. In addition, the last four chapters contain introductions to multiple linear regression analysis, linear models in general, logistic regression, and survival analysis.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780387790534 20160528
- Publication date
- Statistics and computing
- 9780387790534 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0387790535 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: