Change and motion [videorecording] : calculus made clear
- 2nd ed.
- Chantilly, VA : Teaching Company, c2006.
- Physical description
- 4 videodiscs (ca. 720 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 course guidebooks (vi., 144 ; 19 cm.)
- Great courses (DVD) Science & mathematics.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA303.2 .C53 2006 COURSE GUIDEBOOK||Unknown|
|QA303.2 .C53 2006 PT.1:DISC 1-2||Unknown|
|QA303.2 .C53 2006 PT.2:DISC 3-4||Unknown|
- pt. 1, disc 1. Two ideas, vast implications ; Stop sign crime : the first idea of calculus: the derivative ; Another car, another crime : the second idea of calculus: the integral ; The fundamental theorem of calculus ; Visualizing the derivative: slopes ; Derivatives the easy way: symbol pushing
- pt. 1, disc. 2. Abstracting the derivative: circles and belts ; Circles, Pyramids, cones, and spheres ; Archimedes and the Tractrix ; The integral and the fundamental theorem ; Abstracting the integral: pyramids and dams ; Buffon's needle or [pi] from breadsticks
- pt. 2, disc 3. Achilles, tortoises, limits, and continuity ; Calculators and approximations ; The best of all possible worlds: optimization ; Economics and architecture ; Galileo, Newton, and baseball ; Getting off the line: motion in space
- pt. 2, disc 4. Mountain slopes and tangent planes ; Several variables: volumes galore ; The fundamental theorem extended ; Fields of arrows: differential equations ; Owls, rats, waves, and guitars ; Calculus everywhere.
- Professor Michael Starbird of the University of Texas at Austin, covers the concepts of Calculus.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Calculus made clear
- Great courses. Science & mathematics
- Title from container.
- Course consists of 24 lectures in 2 parts. Each part consists of 2 videodiscs and each videodisc consists of six lectures. Each course guidebook covers the 12 lectures contained in 2 videodiscs in one part.
- "Course No. 177"--Disc label.
- Lecturer: Michael Starbird.
- DVD (NTSC, regions 1-6).
- Publisher Number
- PD177-01 Teaching Co.
- PD177-02 Teaching Co.
Browse related items
Start at call number: