Guide to effective grant writing [electronic resource] : how to write an effective NIH grant application
- Otto O. Yang.
- New York ; London : Kluwer Academic/Plenum, c2005.
- Physical description
- xv, 93 p. ; 23 cm.
- Foreword.- Preface.- Overview: Goals When Writing Grant Applications.- Organization and Use of this Guide.- Preparing to Write.- Types of NIH Grants.- Anatomy of the NIH Grant Application.- Organization and Aesthetics.- Specific Aims.- Background and Significance.- Preliminary Results.- Research Design and Methods.- Use of Literature Citations.- Use of Appendices.- Administrative Sections.- Collaborators and Consultants.- Scoring Process.- Resubmitting an Application.- Submitting a Competing Renewal.- Non-NIH Grants.- Conclusions.- Appendix: Useful Web Resources.- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780306486647 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Guide to Effective Grant Writing: How to Write a Successful NIH Grant is written to help the 100,000+ post-graduate students and professionals who need to write effective proposals for grants. There is little or no formal teaching about the process of writing grants for NIH, and many grant applications are rejected due to poor writing and weak formulation of ideas. Procuring grant funding is the central key to survival for any academic researcher in the biological sciences; thus, being able to write a proposal that effectively illustrates one's ideas is essential. Covering all aspects of the proposal process, from the most basic questions about form and style to the task of seeking funding, this volume offers clear advice backed up with excellent examples. Included are a number of specimen proposals to help shed light on the important issues surrounding the writing of proposals. The Guide is a clear, straight-forward, and reader-friendly tool. Guide to Effective Grant Writing: How to Write a Successful NIH Grant Writing is based on Dr. Yang's extensive experience serving on NIH grant review panels; it covers the common mistakes and problems he routinely witnesses while reviewing grants.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780306486654 20160527
- Publication date
- Includes index.
- Electronic reproduction. UK : MyiLibrary, 2007 Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to MIL affiliated libraries.
- 0306486644 (Paper)
- 0306486652 (electronic bk.)
- 0387277498 (electronic bk.)