Wiley encyclopedia of chemical biology
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2009.
- Physical description
- 4 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|QP512 .W48 2009 V.1||In-library use|
|QP512 .W48 2009 V.2||In-library use|
|QP512 .W48 2009 V.3||In-library use|
|QP512 .W48 2009 V.4||In-library use|
- John Wiley & Sons.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the first major reference at the interface of chemistry, biology, and medicine. Chemical biology is a rapidly developing field that uses the principles, tools, and language of chemistry to answer important questions in the life sciences. It has enabled researchers to gather critical information about the molecular biology of the cell and is the fundamental science of drug discovery, playing a key role in the development of novel agents for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Now students and researchers across the range of disciplines that use chemical biology techniques have a single resource that encapsulates what is known in the field. It is an excellent place to begin any chemical biology investigation. Major topics addressed in the encyclopedia include: applications of chemical biology; biomolecules within the cell; chemical views of biology; chemistry of biological processes and systems; synthetic molecules as tools for chemical biology; and, technologies and techniques in chemical biology. Some 300 articles range from pure basic research to areas that have immediate applications in fields such as drug discovery, sensor technology, and catalysis. Novices in the field can turn to articles that introduce them to the basics, whereas experienced researchers have access to articles exploring the cutting edge of the science. Each article ends with a list of references to facilitate further investigation. With contributions from leading researchers and pioneers in the field, the "Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology" builds on Wiley's unparalleled reputation for helping students and researchers understand the crucial role of chemistry and chemical techniques in the life sciences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470470190 20160527
- "The Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology" is an authoritative new work whose goal is to illuminate the crucial role of chemistry and chemical techniques in the life sciences. The encyclopedia will adopt an inclusive editorial approach, encompassing fundamental and blue-sky science as well as those areas of research that have more immediate medical or commercial applications. The scope and structure of the work will reflect the multidimensional character of chemical biology, focusing in particular on the fundamental science of biological structures and systems, the use of chemical and biological techniques to elucidate that science, and the applications of this knowledge in areas as diverse as drug discovery, sensor technology, and catalysis.Major topics areas covered in the encyclopedia are: Chemical Views of Biology; Biomolecules within the Cell; Chemistry of Biological Processes and Systems; Chemical Biology of Cellular Compartments; Synthetic Molecules as Tools for Chemical Biology; Technologies and Techniques in Chemical Biology; and, Applications of Chemical Biology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780471754770 20160528
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of chemical biology
- 9780471754770 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0471754773 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780471753995 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0471753998 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780470470183 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0470470186 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780470470190 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
- 0470470194 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
- 9780470470206 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
- 0470470208 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: