Great debates in American environmental history
- Black, Brian, 1966-
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Lybecker, Donna L.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- List of entries
- Guide to related topics
- Publisher's Summary
- Global warming, biodiversity, genetically engineered food - disputes over such topics are a constant refrain. But to best understand these contemporary debates, students need to understand the long history of these environmental concerns. This reference examines over 150 of the most important and controversial environmental issues, conveniently organizing them in chronological order from the Colonial period to the present. Each entry describes the issue, the stakeholders of various positions, and both the immediate outcome of the debate and the long-term consequences of the result.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Brian Black and Donna L. Lybecker.
- 9780313339301 ((set) : alk. paper)
- 0313339309 ((set) : alk. paper)
- 9780313339318 ((vol.1) : alk. paper)
- 0313339317 ((vol.1) : alk. paper)
- 9780313339325 ((vol.2) : alk. paper)
- 0313339325 ((vol.2) : alk. paper)