Governments working together : a citizen's guide to joint powers agreements
- by Trish Cypher and Colin Grinnell.
- Sacramento, CA : California State Legislature, Senate Local Government Committee : [Distributed by] Senate Publications & Flags, 
- Physical description
- 32 p. ; 28 cm.
- Cypher, Trish.
- Grinnell, Colin.
- California. Legislature. Senate. Committee on Local Government.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 32).
- ["For more than 85 years, state law has allowed public agencies to work together by signing joint powers agreements (JPAs). Some JPAs are cooperative arrangements among existing agencies, while others create new, separate institutions called joint powers agencies. These unique forms of government affect our daily lives, though many people are unaware of their importance or even of their existence. [This report], \"Governments Working Together\", will help you understand what JPAs do. Becoming familiar with the JPAs in your community can also provide valuable insight into how your governments work and provide great examples of what your local governments do for you."]
- Publication date
- "August 2007."
- Senate Publications & Flags stock no.: 1404-S.
- Also available online.
Browse related items
Start at call number: