Instabilities of relativistic electron beam in plasma
- Valery B. Krasovitskiy.
- New York. : Nova Science Publishers, c2008.
- Physical description
- 219 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Horizons in world physics ; v. 260.
- Krasovit͡skiĭ, V. B. (Valeriĭ Borisovich)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 204-212) and index.
- Introduction-- Two-stream Instability of a Relativistic Electron Beam in a Plasma-- Self-focusing of an Intense Relativistic Electron Beam Due to the Beam-Plasma Instability-- Excitation of Quasi-transverse Plasma Waves by a Bounded Electron Beam-- Steady Injection of a Modulated Electron Beam into a Plasma-- Interaction of Electron and Ion Beams with Electromagnetic Wave in a Magnetic Field-- Instability of an Electron Beam and Cherenkov Radiation in a Non-linear Gas with an Inverted Population Levels-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is devoted to the non-linear theory of the collective interaction between a modulated beam of relativistic charged particles and narrow electromagnetic and Langmuir wave packets in plasma or gas slow-wave systems. Regular oscillations excited by a relativistic beam under the conditions of Cherenkov resonance and the anomalous Doppler effect can be used to generate coherent microwave radiation and accelerate charged particles in plasma.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Horizons in world physics series ; v. 260
- 9781600215155 (hardcover)
- 1600215157 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: