The judgment of whole kingdoms and nations, concerning the rights, power, and prerogative of kings, and the rights, priviledges, and properties of the people
- By Lord Sommers.
- Uniform Title
- Vox populi, vox Dei, being true maxims of government.
- The 10th ed. cor.
- London, Reprinted and sold by J. Williams, 1771.
- Physical description
- viii, 168 p. 22 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- Publication date
- "Generally attributed to either Daniel Defoe or Lord Somers."--Brit. mus. Cat.
- Also attributed to John Dunton. cf. Halkett and Laing, Anon. and pseud. lit. of Gt. Brit.
- First published 1709 under title: Vox populi, vox Dei, being true maxims of government. cf. Brit. mus. Cat.
- Madan-Speck, 198.
- ESTC (BL), T29265.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: Henry Laurens (signature); presentation inscription from Rev. Thomas Quigley to S.F. Phillips, Esq. Imperfect: p. 167-68 torn with loss of text.
Browse related items
Start at call number: