Handbook of developmental cognitive neuroscience
- edited by Charles A. Nelson and Monica Luciana.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xi, 923 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Developmental cognitive neuroscience.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The publication of the second edition of this handbook testifies to the rapid evolution of developmental cognitive neuroscience as a distinct field. Brain imaging and recording technologies, along with well-defined behavioral tasks - the essential methodological tools of cognitive neuroscience - are now being used to study development. The Handbook covers basic aspects of neural development, sensory and sensorimotor systems, language, cognition, emotion, and the implications of lifelong neural plasticity for brain and behavioral development.The second edition reflects the dramatic expansion of the field in the seven years since the publication of the first edition. This new Handbook has grown from forty-one chapters to fifty-four, all original to this edition. It places greater emphasis on affective and social neuroscience - an offshoot of cognitive neuroscience that is now influencing the developmental literature. The second edition also places a greater emphasis on clinical disorders, primarily because such research is inherently translational in nature. Finally, the book's new discussions of recent breakthroughs in imaging genomics include one entire chapter devoted to the subject. The intersection of brain, behavior, and genetics represents an exciting new area of inquiry, and the second edition of this essential reference work will be a valuable resource for researchers interested in the development of brain-behavior relations in the context of both typical and atypical development.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780262141048 20160528
- Publication date
- Developmental cognitive neuroscience
- "A Bradford book."
- 9780262141048 (alk. paper)
- 0262141043 (alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: