Self focusing of relativistic electron bunches in plasma
- Valery B. Krasovitskiy.
- New York : Nova Science Publishers, c2008.
- Physical description
- 201 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Horizons in world physics ; v. 259.
- Krasovit͡skiĭ, V. B. (Valeriĭ Borisovich)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 188-194) and index.
- Introduction-- Electrostatic Equilibrium of Modulated Electron Beam in a Plasma-- Electron Bunches in a Heated Non-Linear Magnetised Plasma-- Self-focusing of Relativistic Electron Bunches in a Plasma-- Stationary Space-Charge Waves in a Plasma with Resonant Particles-- Electromagnetic Solitons in Retarding Dispersive Media with a Charge Particle Beam-- Collective Acceleration by Ions By a Relativistic Electron Beam-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume presents the non-linear theory of electrostatic focusing of an electron beam split into bunches under conditions when the plasma permittivity at the modulation frequency is negative and the effective Coulomb force acting on the electron bunches is reversed. Conditions for the spatial equilibrium between the bunch and plasma emission, as well as the dynamics of the formation of focussed bunches, are confirmed by solving (both analytically and numerically) the self-consistent set of equations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Self-focusing of relativistic electron bunches in plasma
- Horizons in world physics ; v. 259
- 9781600215292 (hardcover)
- 1600215297 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: