Handbook of moral and character education
- New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical description
- xv, 635 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Educational psychology handbook series.
LC268 .H264 2008
- Unknown LC268 .H264 2008
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- There is widespread agreement that schools should contribute to students' moral development and character formation. Currently 80% of states have mandates regarding character education. This apparent support for moral education, however, masks a high degree of controversy surrounding the meaning and the methods of moral and/or character education. The purpose of this Handbook is to replace the ideological rhetoric that infects this field with a comprehensive, research-oriented volume that includes the extensive changes that have occurred over the last fifteen years. Coverage includes the latest applications of developmental and cognitive psychology to moral and character education from preschool to college settings.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Larry P. Nucci, Darcia Narvaez.
- Educational psychology handbook series
- 9780805859607 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0805859608 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780805859614 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0805859616 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203931431 (ebk.)
- 0203931432 (ebk.)