Handbook of international research in mathematics education
- editor, Lyn D. English ; associate editors, Maria Bartolini Bussi ... [et al.].
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical description
- xiii, 925 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|QA11.2 .H36 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Second Edition continues the mission of bringing together important new mathematics education research that makes a difference in both theory and practice. It updates and extends the Handbook's original key themes and issues for international research in mathematics education for the 21st century, namely: priorities in international mathematics education research, lifelong democratic access to powerful mathematical ideas, advances in research methodologies, and influences of advanced technologies.Each of these themes is examined in terms of learners, teachers, and learning contexts, with theory development being an important component of all these aspects. This edition also examines other catalysts that have gained increased import in recent years including a stronger focus on the teacher and teacher practice, a renewed interest in theory development, an increased focus on the mathematics needed in work place settings, and a proliferation of research designs and methodologies that have provided unprecedented opportunities for investigating (and ultimately improving) mathematical teaching and learning. This edition includes ten totally new chapters, all other chapters are thoroughly revised and updated.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780805858761 20160527
- Publication date
- 9780805858754 (cloth)
- 080585875X (cloth)
- 9780805858761 (paper : alk. paper)
- 0805858768 (paper : alk. paper)
- 9780203930236 (e-book)
- 0203930231 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: