The Oxford book of modern science writing [electronic resource]
- [edited by] Richard Dawkins.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- xviii, 419 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Selected and introduced by Richard Dawkins, The Oxford Book of Modern Science Writing is a celebration of the finest writing by scientists for a wider audience - revealing that many of the best scientists have displayed as much imagination and skill with the pen as they have in the laboratory. This is a rich and vibrant collection that captures the poetry and excitement of communicating scientific understanding and scientific effort from 1900 to the present day. Professor Dawkins has included writing from a diverse range of scientists, some of whom need no introduction, and some of whose works have become modern classics, while others may be less familiar - but all convey the passion of great scientists writing about their science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9786611341534 20160527
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Modern science writing.
- Title from e-book title screen (viewed June 17, 2008).
- Electronic reproduction. UK : MyiLibrary, 2008 Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to MIL affiliated libraries.
- 0199216800 (Cloth)