GC/MS [electronic resource] : a practical user's guide
- 2nd. ed. / Marvin C. McMaster.
- Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley-Interscience, c2008.
- Physical description
- xii, 180 p. : ill. ; 25 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- McMaster, Marvin C.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 173-174) and index.
- Chapter 1: Introduction.Chapter 2: Sample Preparation and Introduction.Chapter 3: The Gas Chromatograph.Chapter 4: The Mass Spectrometer.Chapter 5: Getting Started In GS/MS.Chapter 6: Chromatographic Methods Development.Chapter 7: Mass Spectrometer Setup and Operation.Chapter 8: Data Processing and Network Interfacing.Chapter 9: System Maintenance and Troubleshooting.Chapter 10: GC/MS in the Environmental LaboratoryChapter 11: GC/MS in Forensics, Toxicology, and Space Science.Chapter 12: An Introduction to Structural Interpretation.Chapter 13: Ion Trap GC/MS Systems.Chapter 14: Other GC/MS Systems.Chapter 15: An Introduction to LC/MS.Chapter 16: Innovation in GC/MS.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470101636 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Updated and expanded, the classic guide to GC/MS helps chromatographers quickly learn to use this technique for analyzing and identifying compounds. After explaining the fundamentals, it discusses optimizing, tuning, using, and maintaining GC/MS equipment; explores advances in miniaturized and field-portable GC/MS systems and microfluidic components; and more. Complete with a CD-ROM, it covers applications in the environmental laboratory and in forensics, toxicology, and space science. This is the premier resource for professionals in those fields and for students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470101636 20160528
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Hoboken, N.J. : Wiley InterScience, 2007. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Mar. 27, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.