Advanced structural inorganic chemistry
- Wai-Kee Li, Gong-Du Zhou, Thomas Chung Wai Mak.
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- xx, 819 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- International Union of Crystallography texts on crystallography 10.
- Oxford science publications.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|QD475 .L5 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- PART I-- Fundamentals of Bonding Theory-- 1. Introduction to Quantum Theory-- 2. The Electronic Structure of Atoms-- 3. Covalent Bonding in Molecules-- 4. Chemical Bonding in Condensed Phases-- 5. Computational Chemistry-- PART II-- Symmetry in Chemistry-- 6. Symmetry and Elements of Group Theory-- 7. Application of Group Theory to Molecular Systems-- 8. Bonding in Coordination Compounds-- 9. Symmetry in Crystals-- 10. Basic Inorganic Crystal Structures and Materials-- PART III-- Structural Chemistry of Selected Elements-- 11. Structural Chemistry of Hydrogen-- 12. Structural Chemistry of Alkali and Alkali-Earth Metals-- 13. Structural Chemistry of Group 13 Elements-- 14. Structural Chemistry of Group 14 Elements-- 15. Structural Chemistry of Group 15 Elements-- 16. Structural Chemistry of Group 16 Elements-- 17. Structural Chemistry of Group 17 and Group 18 Elements-- 18. Structural Chemistry of Rare-Earth Elements-- 19. Metal-Metal Bonds and Transition-Metal Clusters-- 20. Supramolecular Structural Chemistry.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199216956 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a revised and updated English edition of a textbook that has grown out of several years of teaching. The term "inorganic" is used in a broad sense as the book covers the structural chemistry of representative elements (including carbon) in the periodic table, organometallics, coordination polymers, host-guest systems and supramolecular assemblies. Part I of the book reviews the basic bonding theories, including a chapter on computational chemistry. Part II introduces point groups and space groups and their chemical applications. Part III comprises a succinct account of the structural chemistry of the elements in the periodic table. It presents structure and bonding, generalizations of structural trends, crystallographic data, as well as highlights from the recent literature.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199216956 20160528
- Publication date
- International Union of Crystallography texts on crystallography ; 10
- Oxford science publications
- 9780199216949 (hbk.)
- 0199216940 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: