Dictionary of marine natural products
- Web version.
- [New York?] : Chapman and Hall/CRC, 2008-
- Physical description
-  volume : illustrations.
Driven by the vast, yet largely unexplored, potential of bioactive organisms in the ocean and improvements in analytical techniques to facilitate their research, natural products scientists face an increasing need for single-source reference cataloging the current knowledge and state-of-the-science regarding marine natural products. "Dictionary of Marine Natural Products with CD-ROM" presents a comprehensive resource for more than 25,000 known natural products drawn from marine organisms.Following a similar format to the Chapman and Hall Chemical Database, this dictionary indexes each product by chemical name, CAS registry number, and compound type. Documenting all known marine natural products, each entry includes the biological source, chemical structure, physical properties, biological activity, and literature references for each compound. An accompanying CD-ROM is fully text and structure-searchable and enables unique access to this valuable resource.The editors, John Blunt and Murray Munro, both pioneers in the field, also provide an introductory monograph that describes structural compound types and marine organisms. Marine organisms offer a delicate, yet plentiful source for a vast array of novel products whose unique structural features make them suitable drug candidates, pesticides, marine anti-fouling agents, and more. "The Dictionary of Marine Natural Products Web Version" gives researchers a new tool for developing pharmaceutical and chemical applications of marine natural products.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Marine natural products > Dictionaries.
- Natural products > Dictionaries.
- Biological products > Dictionaries.
- Organic compounds > Dictionaries.
- Biological products.
- Marine natural products.
- Natural products.
- Organic compounds.
- Database topics
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Updated approx. two times a year
- Vol/date range
- Began in Feb. 2008.
- Title from head of Home screen (viewed on Sept. 29, 2010).
- Database content is accessed through a proprietary search interface that enables a user to search or browse on chemical name, molecular formula, CAS Registry number, melting and boiling points as well as full-text.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 9781420067880 (electronic dictionary)
- 1420067885 (electronic dictionary)