Revolutionizing education : youth participatory action research in motion
- edited by Julio Cammarota and Michelle Fine.
- New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical description
- viii, 248 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Critical youth studies.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1028.25 .U6 R48 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series Editor Introduction 1. Intro: Participatory Action Research: A Pedagogy for Transformational Resistance, Julio Cammarota and Michelle Fine 2. Collective Radical Imagination: Youth Participatory Action Research and the Art of Emancipatory Knowledge, Shawn Ginwright 3. Participatory Action Research in the Contact Zone, Maria Elena Torre Michelle Fine with Natasha Alexander, Amir Bilal Billups, Yasmine Blanding, Emily Genao, Elinor Marboe, Tahani Salah, Kendra Urdang Response to Chapter 3, Maxine Greene 4. PAR Praxes for Now and Future Change: The Collective of Researchers on Educational Disappointment and Desire, Eve Tuck, Jovanne Allen, Maria Bacha, Alexis Morales, Sarah Quinter, Jamila Thompson, Melody Tuck Response to chapter 4: Sandy Grande 5. Different Eyes / Open Eyes: Community-Based Participatory Action Research, Caitlin Cahill, Indra Rios-Moore, and Tiffany Threatts Response to chapter 5, Pauline Lipman 6. The Opportunity if Not The Right to See : The Social Justice Education Project, Augustine Romero, Julio Cammarota, Kim Dominguez, Luis Valdez, Grecia Ramirez, and Liz Hernandez Response to chapter 6, Luis C. Moll 7. Six Summers of YPAR: Learning, Action, and Change in Urban Education, Ernest Morrell Response to Chapter 7, John Rogers 8. Faith in Process, Faith in People: Confronting Policies of Social Disinvestment with PAR as Pedagogy for Expansion, Chiara M. Cannella 9. An Epilogue, of sorts, Michelle Fine .
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Many scholars have turned to the groundbreaking critical research methodology, Youth-Led Participatory Action Research (YPAR), as a way to address both the political challenges and inherent power imbalances of conducting research with young people. "Revolutionizing Education" makes an extraordinarily unique contribution to the literature on adolescents by offering a broad framework for understanding this research methodology. With an informative combination of theory and practice, this edited collection brings together student writings alongside those of major scholars in the field. While remaining sensitive to the methodological challenges of qualitative inquiry, "Revolutionizing Education" is the first definitive statement of YPAR as it relates to sites of education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Critical youth studies
- 9780415956161 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415956161 (pbk. :alk. paper)
- 9780415956154 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415956153 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203932100 (ebk.)
- 0203932102 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: