The Internet and workplace transformation [electronic resource]
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, c2006.
- Physical description
- x, 294 p. : ill.
- Advances in management information systems.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Series Editor's Introduction, Vladimir Zwass-- 1. The Internet and Workplace Transformation: An Introduction, Murugan Anandarajan, Claire Simmers, and Thompson S.H. Teo-- Part I. The Internet and Workplace Transformation: Troubling Transformations-- 2. Internet Abuse in the Workplace: An Extension of Robinson and Bennett's Model of Workplace Deviance, Pruthikrai Mahatanankoon-- 3. Communication Technology: Self-Regulation of Communication Technology in the Workplace, Matthew S. Eastin, Carroll J. Glynn, and Robert P. Griffiths-- 4. The Psychology of Internet Use and Misuse, James G. Phillips-- 5. Problematic Internet Use in the Workplace, Scott E. Caplan-- Part II. The Internet and Workplace Transformation: Promising Transformations-- 6. Organizational Intranets and the Transition to Managing Knowledge, Elisabeth E. Bennett-- 7. Optimal Flow in Online Interactions: Dimensions, Antecedents, and Consequences, Manuel J. Sanchez-Franco-- 8. Leading Virtual Teams, Lille Springall, Sylvia Manchen-Sporri, and Gudela Grote-- 9. Convergence in Virtual Teams, Christel G. Rutte-- 10. Usage of Internet-Based Career Support, Svetlana N. Khapova, Jorgen S. Svensson, Celeste P.M. Wilderom, and Michael B. Arthur-- 11. Mentoring Transformed via the Internet: Effects on Career Management, Veronica M. Godshalk-- Part III. The Internet and Workplace Transformation: Changing Troubling Transformations into Promising Ones-- 12. Internet Abuse in the Workplace: A Framework for Risk Management, Kimberly Young-- 13. Work Commitment and Employees' Misuse of the Internet in the Workplace, Abraham Carmeli-- 14. Understanding Cyber Dysfunctional Behavior: The Role of Organizational Justice, Constant D. Beugre-- 15. Cyberloafing and Organizational Justice: The Moderating Role of Neutralization Technique, Vivien K.G. Lim and Thompson S.H. Teo-- 16. Hofstede's Cultural Dimensions of Personal Web Usage Activities: Thailand and the United States, Pruthikrai Mahatanankoon, H. Joseph Wen, and Murugan Anandarajan-- Editors and Contributors-- * Series Editor-- * Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The technologies of the Internet have exerted an enormous influence on the way we live and work. This volume in the "Advances in Management Information Systems" series presents cutting-edge research on the transformation of the workplace by the use of these information technologies. The book focuses first on the deleterious transformations (such as "cyberloafing"), then the promising ones (such as the emergence of virtual teams), and then the ways the troubling transformations can be redeemed for organizational benefit. The editors overlay IT topics with insights from organizational behavior, human resource management, organizational justice, and global culture.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Murugan Anandarajan, Thompson S.H. Teo, Claire A. Simmers, editors.
- Advances in management information systems
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2008. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 9780765621566 (electronic bk.)
- 0765621568 (electronic bk.)