- by Sophocles ; a new translation by Don Taylor ; a BBC TV co-production in association with Bioscope Inc. ; producer, Louis Marks ; directed by Don Taylor.
- Princeton, NJ : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, p2004, 2008.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (111 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Theban plays ; 1.
- Presents the third of the three Theban plays by Sophocles in a contemporary translation that remains true to the text, setting the plays in the past yet not the distant past and dispensing with the masks. This final segment of the trilogy centers around the conflict between moral and political law, as the tale of Oedipus and his family comes to a tragic end.
- Release date
- Production date
- Theban plays ; 1
- DVD release of a 1988 production.
- Production Credits
- Camera supervisor, John Dailley ; designer, David Myerscough-Jones ; videotape editor, Dave Hambelton ; music, Derek Bourgeois ; classical adviser, Geoffrey Lewis.
- Cast: Juliet Stevenson (Antigone), John Shrapnel (Creon), John Gielgud, Gwen Taylor.
- Issued also in other videorecording formats.
- DVD, Dolby digital stereo.
- Related Work
- Sophocles. Antigone. English.
- Publisher Number
- FFH 1320-K Films for the Humanities & Sciences
Browse related items
Start at call number: