How leaders learn : cultivating capacities for school improvement
- Gordon A. Donaldson, Jr. ; foreword by Roland S. Barth.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2008.
- Physical description
- xiii, 178 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1738.5 .D656 2008||Unknown|
- Donaldson, Gordon A., 1945-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 161-170) and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- "How Leaders Learn" portrays the developmental experiences of educators seeking to become accomplished leaders in their schools. The author presents a new model of leadership knowledge - the Interpersonal-Cognitive-Intrapersonal Model (I-C-I). Through the stories of teacher leaders and administrators who participated in the I-C-I leadership development programs, the author depicts the evolution of understanding, skill, and self-confidence. These learners grapple with questions essential to all effective leadership: Does my leadership generate improved learning for the students in my school? What are my greatest assets as a leader? What are my greatest liabilities and what do I do about them? Can I find a leadership role that is both productive and sustainable for me and for the school I serve?
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807748558 20160528
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9780807748558 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807748552 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780807748541 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807748544 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: