Reporting results : a practical guide for engineers and scientists
- David C. Van Aken, William F. Hosford.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- ix, 152 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|T11 .V358 2008||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 145-146) and index.
- 1. Elements of technical writing-- 2. Technical papers-- 3. Technical letters-- 4. Oral presentations-- 5. Presentation of technical data-- 6. Statistical analysis of experimental data-- 7. Resume writing-- AI. Common errors in writing-- AII. Punctuation-- AIII. Commonly confused words-- AIV. International system of prefixes and units-- AV. The Greek alphabet and typical uses-- AVI. Straight line plots for some mathematical functions.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521723480 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- This brief guide is ideal for science and engineering students and professionals to help them communicate technical information clearly, accurately, and effectively. The focus is on the most common communication forms, including laboratory reports, research articles, and oral presentations, and on common issues that arise in classroom and professional practice. This book will be especially useful to students in a first chemistry or physics laboratory course. Advanced courses will often use the same formatting as required for submission to technical journals or for technical report writing, which is the focus of this book. Good communication habits are appropriate in all forms of technical communication. This book will help the reader develop effective communication skills. It is also ideal as a reference on stylistic and grammar issues throughout a technical career. Unlike most texts, which concentrate on writing style, this book also treats oral presentations, graphing, and analysis of data.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521723480 20160528
- Publication date
- 052189980X (cloth)
- 9780521899802 (cloth)
- 0521723485 (paper)
- 9780521723480 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: