Innovations in public leadership development
- edited by Ricardo S. Morse and Terry F. Buss.
- Armonk, N.Y. : M.E. Sharpe, c2008.
- Physical description
- xii, 372 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Transformational trends in governance & democracy.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Changing conceptions of public leadership
- Culture and leadership / Marc Holzer
- From the new public management to the new democratic governance : leadership opportunities and challenges / Stephanie P. Newbold and Larry D. Terry
- Developing future leaders / James E. Colvard
- Transformational leadership behavior : an opportunity for academic department chairs / Brian Gittens
- Public leadership and collaboration
- Developing public leaders in an age of collaborative governance / Ricardo S. Morse
- From local managers to community change agents : lessons from an executive leadership program experience / Carl. W. Stenberg, Vaughn M. Upshaw, and Donna Warner
- Preparing MPA graduates to serve as intermediaries in community building and public engagement / Ruth Ann Bramson
- Global public leadership
- Developing leaders in the new age of government / Ruth T. Zaplin and Sydney Smith-Heimbrock
- Government personnel : foreign affairs / Thomas R. Pickering
- Competency for global leadership : experience of the U.S. Foreign Service / Daniel Spikes
- New political appointees
- Getting new government leaders on the fast track to success : a framework / Frank DiGiammarino
- A leadership agenda for newly appointed senior officials / Cindy Williams, F. Stevens Redburn, Terry F. Buss
- Approaches to public leadership development
- A new vision for public leadership : the case for developing transformational stewards / James Edwin Kee, Kathryn Newcomer, and S. Mike Davis
- Designing and delivering leadership programs : challenges and prospects / Richard F. Callahan
- Learning how to learn : action learning for leadership development / Robert Kramer
- Transforming and decentralizing global public leadership through social artistry / Lisa S. Nelson.
- Publisher's Summary
- This is the best single-source guide to leadership development in the public sector. It offers a wealth of advice for teachers, students, trainers, human resource officers, and established leaders. The all-original chapters include discussions of leadership frameworks, competencies for public leaders for the "new governance, " and strategies for senior leaders in government.The book's wide-ranging coverage includes in-depth discussions of specific approaches to learning methods such as action learning and social artistry, as well as presentations of leader development models such as transformational stewardship and global leadership. The contributors present experiences from real-world leadership development programs, and the book situates leader development within the current trends of networks, collaboration, and boundary-crossing work in the public sector.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Transformational trends in governance and democracy
- "National Academy of Public Administration."
- 0765620707 (paper)
- 9780765620705 (paper)
- 0765620693 (cloth)
- 9780765620699 (cloth)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: