Narrow gap semiconductors 2007 : proceedings of the 13th International Conference, 8-12 July, 2007, Guildford, UK
- B.N. Murdin, S.K. Clowes, (eds.).
- Dordrecht ; Bristol : Springer Verlag in association with Canopus, c2008.
- Physical description
- xvi, 215 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer proceedings in physics ; v. 119.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Part I -- Spin-Related PhenomenaGate Dependence of Spin-Splitting in an InSb/InAlSb Quantum WellW.R. Branford, A. M. Gilbertson, P. D. Buckle, L. Buckle, T. Ashley, F. Magnus, S.K. Clowes, J.J. Harris, and L. F. CohenPhotogalvanic Effects in HgTe Quantum WellsB. Wittmann, S. N. Danilov, Z. D. Kwon, N. N. Mikhailov, S.A. Dvoretsky, R. Ravash, W. Prettl, and S. D. GanichevMagnetic and Structural Properties of Ferromagnetic GeMnTe LayersP. Dziawa, W. Knoff, V. Domukhovski, J. Domagala, R. Jakiela, E. Lusakowska, V. Osinniy, K. Swiatek, B. Taliashvili, and T. StoryControl and Probe of Carrier and Spin Relaxations in InSb Based StructuresG. A. Khodaparast, R. N. Kini, K. Nontapot, M. Frazier, E. C. Wade, J. J. Heremans, S. J. Chung , N. Goel , M. B. Santos , T. Wojtowicz, X. Liu, and J. K. FurdynaDensity and Well-Width Dependence of the Spin Relaxation in n-InSb/AlInSb Quantum WellsK. L. Litvinenko, B. N. Murdin, S. K. Clowes, L. Nikzad, J. Allam, C. R. Pidgeon, W. Branford, L. F. Cohen, T. Ashley, and L. BuckleDependence of Layer Thickness on Magnetism and Electrical Conduction in Ferromagnetic (In, Mn)As/GaSb HeterostructuresH. Nose, S. Sugahara, and H. MunekataTemperature Dependence of the Electron Lande g-Factor in InSbC.R. Pidgeon, K.L. Litvinenko, L. Nikzad, J. Allam, L.F. Cohen, T. Ashley, M. Emeny, and B.N. MurdinAnomalous Spin Splitting of Electrons in InSb type-II Quantum Dots in an InAs MatrixYa.V. Terent'ev, O.G. Lyublinskaya, A.A. Toropov, B.Ya. Meltser, A.N. Semenov and S.V. IvanovMeasurement of the Dresselhaus and Rashba Spin-Orbit Coupling via Weak Anti-Localization in InSb Quantum WellsA.R. Dedigama, D. Jayathilaka, S.H. Gunawardana, S.Q. Murphy, M. Edirisooriya, N. Goel, T.D. Mishima, and M.B. Santos Part II -- Growth, Fabrication, Characterisation and TheoryPicosecond Carrier Dynamics in Narrow-Gap Semiconductors Studied by Terahertz Radiation PulsesR. Adomavicius, R. A ustaviciute, and A. Krotkus Band Structure of InSbN and GaSbNA. Lindsay, A.D. Andreev, E. P. O'Reilly, and T. AshleyGrowth and Characterisation of Dilute Antimonide Nitride Materials for Long Wavelength ApplicationsS. D. Coomber, L. Buckle, P. H. Jefferson, D. Walker, T. D. Veal, C. F. McConville, T. Ashley Electron Interband Breakdown in a Kane Semiconductor with a Degenerate Hole DistributionA. V. Dmitriev and A. B. Evlyukhin InMnAs Quantum Dots: a Raman Spectroscopy AnalysisA. D. Rodrigues, J. C. Galzerani, E. Marega Jr., L. N. Coelho, R.. Magalhaes-Paniago, and G. J. SalamoConduction Band States in AlP/GaP Quantum WellsM. Goiran, M..P. Semtsiv, S. Dressler, W. T. Masselink, J. Galibert, G. Fedorov, D. Smirnov, V. V. Rylkov, , and J. LeotinGrowth of InAsSb Quantum Wells by Liquid Phase Epitaxy M. Yin, A. Krier, and R. JonesDiode Lasers for Free Space Optical Communications Based on InAsSb/InAsSbP Grown by LPEM. Yin, A. Krier, P.J. Carrington, R. Jones, and S. E. KrierEpitaxial Growth and Characterization of PbGeEuTe LayersV. Osinniy, P. Dziawa, V. Domukhovski, K. Dybko, W. Knoff, T. Radzynski, A. Lusakowski, K. Swiatek, E. Lusakowska, B. Taliashvili, A. Boratynski, and T. Story Monte Carlo Simulation of Electron Transport in PbTeV. Palankovski, M. Wagner, and W. Heiss L-Band-Related Interband Transition in InSb/GaSb Self-Assembled Quantum DotsS. I. Rybchenko, R. Gupta, I. E. Itskevich, and S. K. HaywoodAntimony Distribution in the InSb/InAs QD Heterostructures A.N. Semenov, O.G. Lyublinskaya, B.Ya. Meltser, V.A. Solov'ev, L.V. Delendik, and S.V. Ivanov Transport Properties of InAs0.1Sb 0.9 Thin Films Sandwiched by Al0.1In0.9Sb Layers Grown on GaAs(100) Substrates by Molecular Beam EpitaxyI. Shibasaki, H. Geka, and A. Okamoto Modelling of Photon Absorption and Carrier Dynamics in HgCdTe Under mid-IR Laser Irradiation A. S. Villanger, T. Brudevoll, and K. StenersenMonte Carlo Study of Transport Properties of InNS. Vitanov and V. Palankovski New Type of Combined Resonance in p-PbTeH. Yokoi, S. Takeyama, N. Miura, and G. BauerPart III - Carbon Nanotubes and GrapheneTheory of Third-Order Optical Susceptibility of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes With Account of Coulomb Interaction D. Lobaskin and A. Andreev Unveiling the Magnetically Induced Field-Effect in Carbon Nanotubes DevicesG. Fedorov, A. Tselev, D. Jimenez, S. Latil, N. G. Kalugin, P. Barbara, D. Smirnov, and S. RocheTransient Zitterbewegung of Electrons in Graphene and Carbon NanotubesT. M. Rusin and W. Zawadzki Cross-Polarized Exciton Absorption in Semiconducting Carbon NanotubesS. Uryu and T. Ando Part IV -- Nanocrystals and NanowiresSelf-Assembled InSb/InAs Quantum Dots for the Mid-Infrared Spectral Range 3-4 A mK. D. Moiseev, Ya. A. Parkhomenko, M. P. Mikhailova, S. S. Kizhaev, E. V. Ivanov, A. V. Ankudinov, A. N. Titkov, A. V. Boitsov, N. A. Bert, Yu. P. Yakovlev InSb/InAs Nanostructures Grown by Molecular Beam Epitaxy Using Sb2 and As2 FluxesV. A. Solov'ev, P. Carrington, Q. Zhuang, K. T. Lai, S. K. Haywood, S. V. Ivanov, and A. KrierPart V -- Electronic DevicesPerformance Evaluation of Conventional Sb-based Multiquantum Well Lasers Operating Above 3A m at Room TemperatureA. Kadri, K. Zitouni, Y. Rouillard, and P. ChristolElectroluminescence From Electrically Pumped GaSb-Based VCSELs O. Dier, C. Lauer, A. Bachmann, T. Lim, K. Kashani, and M.-C. AmannWavelength Tunable Resonant Cavity Enhanced Photodetectors Based on Lead-Salts Grown by MBEF. Felder, M. Arnold, C. Ebneter, M. Rahim, and H. ZoggFarfield Measurements of Y-Coupled Quantum Cascade LasersL. K. Hoffmann, C. A. Hurni, S. Schartner, M. Austerer, E. Mujagic, M. Nobile, A.M. Andrews, W. Schrenk, G. Strasser, M. P. Semtsiv, and W. T. Masselink Impact of Doping Density in Short-Wavelength InP-Based Strain-Compensated Quantum-Cascade LasersE. Mujagic, M. Austerer, S. Schartner, M. Nobile, P. Klang, L. Hoffmann, W. Schrenk, I. Bayrakli, M. P. Semtsiv, W. T. Masselink, and G. Strasser Magnetic Field Effects in InSb/AlxIn1-xSb Quantum-Well Light-Emitting DiodesB. I. Mirza, G. R. Nash, S. J. Smith, M. K. Haigh, L. Buckle, M. T. Emeny, and T. AshleyElectroluminescence from InSb-Based Mid-Infrared Quantum Well LasersS. J. Smith, S. J. B. Przeslak, G. R. Nash, C. J. Storey, A. D. Andreev, A. Krier, M. Yin, S. D. Coomber, L. Buckle, M. T. Emeny, and T. AshleyInAs Quantum Hot Electron TransistorT. Daoud, J. Devenson, A.N. Baranov, and R. Teissier Easy-to-Use Scalable Antennas for Coherent Detection of THz RadiationS. Winnerl, F. Peter, S. Nitsche, A. Dreyhaupt, O. Drachenko, H. Schneider, and M. Helm Single Photon Detection in the Long Wave InfraredT. Ueda, Z. An, K. Hirakawa, and S. KomiyamaHigh-Performance Fabry-Perot and Distributed-Feedback Interband Cascade LasersC. L. Canedy, W. W. Bewley, M. Kim, C. S. Kim, J. A. Nolde, D. C. Larrabee, J. R. Lindle, I. Vurgaftman, and J. R. Meyer Mid-Infrared Lead-Salt VECSEL (Vertical External Cavity Surface Emitting Laser) for SpectroscopyM. Rahim, M. Arnold, F. Felder, I. Zasavitskiy, and H. ZoggOptically Pumped GaSb-Based VECSELsN. Schulz, M. Rattunde, B. Rosener, C. Manz, K. Kohler, and J. WagnerPart VI -- Magneto-Transport and Magneto-OpticsCyclotron Resonance Photoconductivity of a Two-Dimensional Electron Gas in HgTe Quantum WellsZ. D. Kvon, S. N. Danilov, N. N. Mikhailov, S. A. Dvoretsky, W. Prettl, and S. D. Ganichev Extrinsic Electrons and Carrier Accumulation in AlxIn1-xSb/InSb Quantum Wells: Well-Width DependenceA. Fujimoto, S. Ishida, T. Manago, H. Geka, A. Okamoto, and I. ShibasakiNegative and Positive Magnetoresistance in Variable-Range Hopping Regime of Undoped AlxIn1-xSb/InSb Quantum WellsS. Ishida, T. Manago, K. Oto, A. Fujimoto, H. Geka, A. Okamoto, and I. ShibasakiSemimetal-Insulator Transition in Two-Dimensional System at the Type II Broken-Gap InAs/GaInAsSb Single HeterointerfaceK.D. Moiseev, M.P. Mikhailova, R.V. Parfeniev, J. Galibert, and J. LeotinMagnetoexcitons in Strained InSb Quantum WellsW. Gempel, X. Pan, T. Kasturiarachchi, G. D. Sanders, M. Edirisooriya, T. D. Mishima, R. E. Doezema, C. J. Stanton, and M. B. Santos.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Narrow gap semiconductors have provided an exciting field of research and show a number of extreme physical and material characteristics. They are the established material systems for infrared detectors and emitters, and with new developments in the technology these materials are emerging as a viable route to high speed, low power electronics. New kinds of narrow gap semiconductor, such as graphene and other composite nanocrystals, are also providing renewed interest in the underlying physics. The Thirteenth International Conference on Narrow Gap Semiconductors (NGS-13) was held at the University of Surrey, Guildford, UK in July 2007. The conference brought together experts and young scientists to discuss the latest findings and developments in the field. This book contains the invited and contributed papers which were presented at this meeting and serves to provide a broad overview of the current worldwide activities in narrow gap semiconductor research. The subjects covered are theoretical and material physics of narrow gap semiconductors and quantum heterostructures, spin related phenomenon including carrier dynamics and magneto transport, carbon nanotubes and graphene as novel narrow gap material, as well as device physics including transistors, mid and far-infrared lasers and detectors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer proceedings in physics, 0930-8989 ; 119
- 9781402084249 (cased)
- 1402084242 (cased)
- 1402084250 (e-book)
- 9781402084256 (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: