Cover art by : new music graphics
- designed, written and edited by Adrian Shaughnessy.
- London : Laurence King Pub., 2008.
- Physical description
- 319 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 25 cm.
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
|NC1882 .S53 2008||Unknown|
- Shaughnessy, Adrian.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 315) and index.
- Introduction-- Designers and Work-- Designer Contact Details-- Record Company Contact Details-- Project Credits-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
The album cover is still a subject of perennial interest amongst graphic designers. Sleeve design remains a popular subject for college theses and many young working designers aspire to design for the music industry. Revealing the state of the art of contemporary music graphics, "Cover Art By:" is packed with over 400 examples of sleeve art. As well as CD and album covers, the insides of CD booklets and the backs of vinyl sleeves are shown. This book opens with an in-depth essay reviewing the current scene, then focuses on the work of 30 international designers/labels who are the most influential in the field. Also included is a list of important record labels with contact details, making this a must-have for designers and students, as well as music industry professionals and fans.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781856695275 (paper)
- 1856695271 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: