Modern developments in X-ray and neutron optics
- A. Erko ... [et al.], (eds.).
- Berlin : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xxiii, 533 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Springer series in optical sciences ; v. 137.
- Erko, A. I. (Alekseĭ Ivanovich)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. X-Ray and Neutron Optical Systems.- 2. The BESSY Ray-trace Program RAY.- 3. Neutron Beam Phase Space Mapping.- 4. Ray-Tracing of Neutron Optical Systems with RESTRAX.- 5. Wavefront Propagation.- 6. Theoretical Analysis of X-Ray Waveguides.- 7. Focusing Optics for Neutrons.- 8. Volume Effects in Zone Plates.- 9. Slope Error and Surface Roughness.- 10. The Long Trace Profilers.- 11. The Nano-optic Component Measuring Machine.- 12. Shape Optimization of High Performance X-Ray Optics.- 13. Measurement of Groove Density of Diffraction Gratings.- 14. The COST P7 Round Robin for Slope Measuring Profilers.- 15. Hartmann and Shack--Hartmann Wavefront.- 16. Extraction of Multilayer Coatings Parameters by Accurate fit of X-ray Reflectivities.- 17. Hard X-Ray Microoptics.- 18. Capillary Optics for X-Rays and Neutrons.- 19. Reflective Optical Arrays.- 20. Reflective Optical Structures and Imaging Detector Systems.- 21. CLESSIDRA: Focusing Hard X-Rays Efficiently with Small Prism Arrays.- 22. Neutron Supermirror Development.- 23. Stress Reduction in Multilayers Used for X-Ray and Neutron Optics.- 24. Multilayers with Ultra-short Periods.- 25. Specially Designed Multilayers.- 26. Diffractive-Refractive Optics: X-Ray Crystal Monochromators with Profiled Diffracting Surfaces.- 27. Neutron Multiple Reflections Excited in Cylindrically Bent Perfect Crystals (BPC).- 28. Volume Modulated Difraction X-Ray Optics.- 29. High Resolution 1D and 2D Crystal Optics Based on Asymmetric Diffractors.- 30. Thermal Effects Under SR Power Absorption.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume describes modern developments in reflective, refractive and diffractive optics for short wavelength radiation as well as recent theoretical approaches to modelling and ray-tracing the X-ray and neutron optical systems. It is based on the joint research activities of specialists in X-ray and neutron optics from 11 countries, working together under the framework of the European Programme for Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST, Action P7) in the period 2002-2006. The chapters are written by leading specialists from European laboratories, universities and large facilities. In addition to new ideas and concepts, the contents provide a large amount of practical information about recently implemented devices and methods.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer series in optical sciences ; 137
- Also available on the World Wide Web.
- 9783540745600 (hbk.)
- 3540745602 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: