Anthropologists in the field [electronic resource] : cases in participant observation
- edited by Lynne Hume and Jane Mulcock.
- New York N.Y. ; Chichester : Columbia University Press, 2004.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 265 p. : ill., map.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -257) and index.
- Positioned Engagement Awkward Spaces, productive places: the ethnography of participant observations, by Lynne Hume and Jane Mulcock Ethical Engagements Awkward Intimacies: Prostitution, Politics, and Fieldwork in Urban Mexico, by Patty Kelly Multi-sited Engagements Disclosure and Interaction in a Monastery, by Michael V. Angrosino Going Beyond "The West" and "The Rest": Conducting Non-Western, Non-Native Ethnography in Northern Thailand, by Ida Fadzillah Multiple Roles, Statuses and Allegiances: Exploring the Ethnographic Process in Disability Culture, by Russell Shuttleworth He's Not a Spy, He's One of Us: Ethnographic Positioning in a Middle-class Setting, by Martin Forsey Dissent and Consent: Negotiating the Adoption Triangle, by Jonathan Telfer Doing Ethnography in 'One's Own Ethnic Community': The Experience of an Awkward Insider, by Val Colic-Peisker "And I Can't feel at Home in this World Anymore": Fieldwork in Two Settings, by Jim Birckhead "Yo, bitch..." and Other Challenges: Bringing High-risk Ethnography into the Discourse, by Sylvie C. Tourigny Reflections on Fieldwork Amongst Kenyan Heroin Users, by Susan Beckerleg and Gillian Lewando Hundt Closed Doors: Ethical Issues with Prison Ethnography, by John M. Coggeshall Living in Sheds: Suicide, Friendship and Research Among the Tiwi, by Gary Robinson Performing and Constructing Research as Guesthood in the Study of Religions, by Graham Harvey Not Quite at Home: Field Envy and New Age Ethnographic Dis-ease, by Stewart Muir Multi-sited transnational ethnography and the shifting construction of fieldwork, by Sawa Kurotani Multi-sited Methodologies: "Homework" between Australia, Fiji and Kiribati, by Katerina Martina Teaiwa.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- -- Melissa Checker and Maggie Fishman, editors, Local Actions: Cultural Activism, Power, and Public Life in America.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2008. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 023113004X (cased)
- 0231130058 (pbk.)
- 0231509227 (electronic bk.)
- 9780231509220 (electronic bk.)
- 9780231130042 (cased)
- 9780231130059 (pbk.)