Understanding qualitative research and ethnomethodology [electronic resource]
- Paul ten Have.
- London ; Thousand Oaks, CA : Sage Publications, 2004.
- Physical description
- xi, 199 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -196) and index.
- Qualitative Methods in Social Research Ethnomethodology's Perspective Ethnomethodology's Methods Interviews Natural Documents Ethnography and Field Methods Qualitative Analysis Doing Ethnomethodological Studies Reflections.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412933612 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- 'The book makes a valuable addition to the field!providing a very useful resource for those evaluating, engaging in, or embarking on, research' - Monika Buscher, Department of Sociology, Lancaster University. This book provides a discussion of qualitative research methods from an ethnomethodological perspective. Detailed yet concise, Paul ten Have's text explores the complex relation between the more traditional methods of qualitative social research and the discipline of ethnomethodology. It draws on examples from both ethnomethodological studies and the wider field of qualitative research to discuss critically an array of methods for qualitative data collection and analysis. Key features of the book include: a broad coverage that includes discussions of interviewing, the use of documents, ethnography, and methods of data analysis; an understanding of different research traditions and illustrations of how these may be used in practice; and, concise chapter summaries and further reading sections to aid student learning. With a student-friendly structure, this engaging book will be an invaluable resource for both students and researchers across the social sciences.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412933612 20160605
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2005. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 0761966854 (pbk.)
- 9781412933612 (electronic bk.)
- 1412933617 (electronic bk.)
- 9780761966852 (pbk.)