Diagnostic and therapeutic antibodies [electronic resource]
- edited by Andrew J.T. George and Catherine E. Urch.
- Totowa, N.J. : Humana Press, c2000.
- Physical description
- xiv, 477 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Methods in molecular medicine ; 40.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Introduction. The Antibody Molecule, Andrew J. T. George. Polyclonal and Monoclonal Antibodies, Mary A. Ritter. Engineering Antibody Molecules, Rakesh Verma and Ekaterini Boleti. Phage Display Technology, Michael Johns. Part II. Antibodies in Medicine. Prospects for the Application of Antibodies in Medicine, Herman Waldmann. Antibodies for Neoplastic Disease: Solid Tumors, Ian T. W. Matthews. The Application of Monoclonal Antibodies in the Treatment of Lymphoma, Martin J. Glennie, Jamie Honeychurch, Ruth R. French, and Alison L. Tutt. Antibodies for Inflammatory Disease: Effector Cells, Richard Smith. Antibodies for Inflammatory Disease: Cytokines, Peter C. Taylor. Antibodies for Transplantation, Denise L. Faustman. Antibody-Based Therapies in Infectious Diseases, H. Barbaros Oral and Cezmi A. Akdis. Antibodies in Nuclear Medicine, A. Michael Peters. Animal Models for Tumor Localization, Gail Rowlinson-Busza. Antibodies for Immunoassays, David J. Newman. Part III. Ethics and Industry. Intellectual Property, William M. Brown. From Laboratory to Clinic: The Story of CAMPATH-1, Geoff Hale and Herman Waldmann. Part IV. Production and Purification. Production of Monoclonal Antibodies, Jona Freysdottir. Purification of Monoclonal Antibodies Using Protein A/G, Bridget Heelan. Preparation of Monoclonal Antibodies Using Ion Exchange Chromatography, Maureen Power. Quality Control of Raw Materials, Patrick Harrison and Geoff Hale. Cell Banks and Stability of Antibody Production, Pru Bird and Geoff Hale. Measurement of Endotoxin, Jenny Phillips, Patrick Harrison, and Geoff Hale. Aseptic Vial Filling, Kuldip Bhamra, Patrick Harrison, and Geoff Hale. Measurement of Antibody Concentrations by Hemagglutination, Jenny Phillips and Geoff Hale. Part V. Modification of Antibodies. Enzymatic Digestion of Monoclonal Antibodies, Sarah M. Andrew. How to Make Bispecific Antibodies, Ruth R. French. Radiolabeling Monoclonal Antibodies, Calvin S. R. Gooden. Determination of the Immunoreactivity of Radiolabeled Monoclonal Antibodies, Gail Rowlinson-Busza. Use of Biosensors to Measure the Kinetics of Antibody Antigen Interactions, Andrew J. T. George. Part VI. Application of Antibodies In Vitro. How to Set Up an ELISA, Bill Jordan. Measurement of HAMA and Anti-Idiotypic Antibodies, Steve Nicholson. SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting, Abdulhamid A. Al-Tubuly. Flow Cytometric Analysis, Paul F. McKay. Immunocytochemistry, Susan Van Noorden. Immunolabeling for Electron Microscopy, Catherine E. Sarraf. Part VII. Antibody Engineering. PCR of the V-Region, Rakesh Verma. Phage Display Technology: Protocols, Michael Johns and Donald B. Palmer. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780896037984 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- A team of experts comprehensively review the theoretical and practical aspects of applying antibodies in both the laboratory and clinic. For general understanding, the book thoroughly introduces the basic science of the antibody molecule, including recombinant engineering. Several novel in vivo applications of therapeutic antibodies are then presented to illustrate their special value in varied clinical settings. For those new to the field, there are readily reproducible methods for generating and purifying antibodies and for modifying them for clinical application. Timely and comprehensive, "Diagnostic and Therapeutic Antibodies" offers today's researchers a concise introduction to the field, as well as a highly useful compendium of practical protocols that will greatly facilitate the application of these powerful new diagnostic and therapeutic agents.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780896037984 20160528
- Monoclonal antibodies > Therapeutic use.
- Immunoglobulins > Therapeutic use.
- Monoclonal antibodies > Diagnostic use.
- Antibodies, Monoclonal > diagnostic use.
- Antibodies, Monoclonal > therapeutic use.
- Immunotherapy > methods.
- Anticorps monoclonaux > Emploi en thérapeutique.
- Immunoglobulines > Emploi en thérapeutique.
- Anticorps monoclonaux > Utilisation diagnostique.
- Electronic books.
- Publication date
- Methods in molecular medicine ; 40
- Source of title: Title from title screen.
- Access restricted by licensing agreement.
- File/Data Type
- Electronic book available in PDF format.
- Also available in print.
- System requirements: World Wide Web browser, internet connectivity, Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- 0585418780 (electronic bk.)
- 9780585418780 (electronic bk.)
- 0896037983 (alk. paper)
- 9780896037984 (alk. paper)