1607 : a new look at Jamestown
- Lange, Karen E.
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic, c2007.
- Physical description
- 48 p. : col. ill., col. map ; 29 cm.
F234.J3 L37 2007
- Unknown F234.J3 L37 2007
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 46) and index.
- Strangers in a strange land
- A Native American empire
- All that glitters
- Nothing to lose
- Indians at the fort
- The dying times
- Discovering the drought
- Green gold
- Winners take all
- Remembering Jamestown today.
- 1607: A New Look at Jamestown is the ultimate book for the 400th anniversary of America's first settlement. With its expert appraisal of the latest archaeological evidence, this National Geographic title stands alone in its timely authority and its visual appeal. Author Karen Lange's gripping narrative incorporates analysis of the very latest discoveries from the Jamestown site. The text, vetted by experts, has been researched with the help of Dr. William Kelso, a National Geographic grantee, who also provides the foreword. The pages come alive with Ira Block's stunning photography, detailing newly discovered artifacts, and highlighting authentic Jamestown reenactments. A National Geographic map of the colony places it in its historic and modern-day context. Follow the drama as three small ships from England reach the New World in the spring of 1607 with 104 souls onboard. At the edge of a powerful Indian confederacy, they settle in Jamestown and pave the way for the birth of our nation.
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
Contributor biographical information
- Frontier and pioneer life > Virginia > Jamestown > Juvenile literature.
- Powhatan Indians > Virginia > Jamestown > History > 17th century > Juvenile literature.
- Frontier and pioneer life > Virginia > Jamestown.
- Powhatan Indians > Virginia > Jamestown > History > 17th century.
- Jamestown (Va.) > History > 17th century > Juvenile literature.
- Virginia > History > Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 > Juvenile literature.
- Jamestown (Va.) > History > 17th century.
- Virginia > History > Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Publication date
- by Karen E. Lange ; photography by Ira Block.
- Title Variation
- New look at Jamestown
- 9781426300127 (trade bdg.)
- 1426300123 (trade bdg.)
- 9781426300134 (lib. bdg.)
- 1426300131 (lib. bdg.)