The book of alternative photographic processes
- Christopher James.
- 2nd ed.
- Clifton Park, NY : Delmar Cengage Learning, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxxiv, 601 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- James, Christopher.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 586-591) and index.
- Pinhole Negative Digital Options Calotype Salted paper Anthotype Cyanotype Cyanotype variations Argyrotype Van Dyke, Brown Print & Blue Van Dyke Kallitype Chrysotype Platinum Palladium Ziatype Paper, History & Preparation Gum Bichromate Dichromate Options: Chromatype, 3D Gum, Dusting-On, Alternative Surfaces Carbon POP Hand Applied Emulsions & Tin Type Albumen Wet Collodion & Dry Plate Emulsion Mordancage Appendices: A- Chemistry B- Conversion Tables C- Light D- UV Exposure Unit E- The Plastic Camera F- Your Working Space G- Alternative Process Shopping List H- Resources I- Internet Artist Sites J- Bibliography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781418073725 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- Photographic artists and students of alternative process photography will welcome this new edition of Christopher James' The Book of Alternative Photographic Processes. This significantly expanded edition is a full-color, lavishly illustrated, comprehensive resource that explores every aspect of alternative process image making. With his highly conversational writing style, James explores the techniques, processes, idiosyncrasies, history, and cultural connections that are such a significant part of the genre. Best of all, Christopher makes it extremely accessible, providing clear instructions and practical workflow advice. The book delves into a vast menu of alternative and traditional options, among them: calotype, salted paper, cyanotype, argyrotype, chrysotype, POP, kallitype, ambrotype/wet collodion, Van Dyke, platinum/palladium, Ziatype, gelatin dry plate emulsions, carbon, gum bichromate, albumen, hand-applied emulsions, paper, alternative imaging systems, and digital negative production for alternative process image making. This book has become the unanimous standard reference text for alternative process photography, one that students love to read and work from. Not only does this definitive work make the most complex ideas easy to understand, it is conversational, comfortable, inspirational, and fun to read- a tremendous resource and a treasure trove of alternative process images. "If I could only have one photography book this would be it." -Timothy Whelan, Photographic Books.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781418073725 20160528
- Publication date
- 1418073725 (paper)
- 9781418073725 (paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: