Encyclopedia of the Middle Ages [electronic resource]
- edited by André Vauchez ; translated by Adrian Walford.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, c2001.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Consists of articles on all aspects of the period from the fifth to the fifteenth century, exploring art, architecture, religion, law, science, language, philosophy, and theology, as well as cultural, religious, intellectual, social and political history. With a focus on focus on Europe and Christendom, the Encyclopedia also covers the rise of Islam and people of other cultures with whom Europeans came into contact.
- Publication date
- Title from title screen (viewed Sept. 22, 2005).
- Print version edited by André Vauchez in conjunction with Barrie Dobson and Michael Lapidge.
- "Publishing history: First published [in print] 1997 in French by Editions du Cerf; first published in English in 2001 by James Clarke and Co."--Title screen.
- An e-resource included in the Oxford digital reference shelf.
- Access restricted to subscribers.
- File/Data Type
- Text (HTML) and search engine.
- Also available in print.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Related Work
- Oxford digital reference shelf.
- 0195188179 (e-reference ed.)
- 9780195188172 (e-reference ed.)
- 1579582826 (print)
- 9781579582821 (print)
- 0227679318 (set)
- 9780227679319 (set)