Essentials of radio wave propagation
- Christopher Haslett.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- xi, 201 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Cambridge wireless essentials series.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|QC676.7 .T7 H3155 2008||Unknown|
- Haslett, Christopher (Christopher J.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 197) and index.
- Preface-- 1. Propagation in free space and the aperture antenna-- 2. Point-to-area transmission-- 3. The effect of obstacles-- 4. Reflection, scatter and penetration-- 5. Estimating the received signal strength in complex environments-- 6. Atmospheric effects-- 7. System design and interference management-- 8. Software-based tools-- 9. Summary-- Appendix - A1 The decibel scale-- A2 Phasor arithmetic and phasor diagrams-- A3 Formula sheet-- A4 Explanation of link budget-- Bibliography-- References-- Author's biography.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521875653 20160528
- Publisher's Summary
- If you need to maximize efficiency in wireless network planning an understanding of radio propagation issues is vital, and this quick reference guide is for you. Using real-world case studies, practical problems and minimum mathematics, the author explains simply and clearly how to predict signal strengths in a variety of situations. Fundamentals are explained in the context of their practical significance. Applications, including point-to-point radio links, broadcasting and earth-space communications, are thoroughly treated, and more sophisticated methods, which form the basis of software tools for both network planning and spectrum management, are also described. For a rapid understanding and insight into radio propagation, sufficient to enable you to undertake real-world engineering tasks, this concise book is invaluable for network planners, hardware designers, spectrum managers, senior technical managers and policy makers who are either new to radio propagation or who need a quick reference guide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780521875653 20160528
- Publication date
- The Cambridge wireless essentials series
- 9780521875653 (hbk.)
- 052187565X (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: