Battleground : schools
- edited by Sandra Mathison and E. Wayne Ross.
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2008
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LA212 .B295 2008 V.1||In-library use|
|LA212 .B295 2008 V.2||In-library use|
Library has: v.1-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-K
- v. 2. L-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- No topic sparks an argument faster among the American public, even with relatively apolitical people, than how their children are taught. In schools across the country, school boards, parents, teachers, and students themselves debate issues ranging from charter schools, to the first amendment rights of students, to the efficacy of the No Child Left Behind Act. "Battleground: Schools" provides an in-depth, balanced overview of controversial topics and enables a better understanding of the foundations of these conflicts. The 100 most relevant conflicts involving education issues today are included.Topics include: charter schools; distance education; home schooling; students' rights; military in schools; religion and public schools; and, single-sex schooling.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780313339417 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313339414 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313339424 (vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313339422 (vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313339431 (vol. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0313339430 (vol. 2 : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: