Research design : qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches
- Creswell, John W.
- 3rd ed.
- Los Angeles : SAGE, c2009.
- Physical description
- xxix, 260 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
H62 .C6963 2009
H62 .C6963 2009
- Unknown H62 .C6963 2009
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 237-245) and indexes.
- PREFACE ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS PART I. PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATIONS 1. Selection of Research Design 2. Review of the Literature 3. The Use of Theory 4. Writing Strategies and Ethical Considerations PART II. DESIGNING RESEARCH 5. The Introduction 6. The Purpose Statement 7. Research Questions and Hypotheses 8. Quantitative Methods 9. Qualitative Procedures 10. Mixed Methods Procedures GLOSSARY REFERENCES AUTHOR INDEX SUBJECT INDEX ABOUT THE AUTHOR.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The third edition of the bestselling text "Research Design" enables readers to compare three approaches to research - qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods - in a single research methods text. The book presents these three approaches side by side within the context of the process of research from the beginning steps of philosophical assumptions to the writing and presenting of research. The third edition presents the preliminary steps of using philosophical assumptions in the beginning of the book. It provides an expanded discussion on ethical issues. It emphasizes new Web-based technologies for literature searches. It offers updated information about mixed-methods research procedures. It contains a glossary of terms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- John W. Creswell.
- 9781412965569 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 141296556X (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781412965576 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412965578 (pbk. : alk. paper)