A setting of Daphne from the Manchester lyra viol book
- by Jack Ashworth.
- Physical description
- 29 leaves : music ; 28 cm.
- Bibliography: leaves 28-29.
- "Daphne" as a ballad
- The Manchester book
- Lyra viol : history, style, variable tuning, tablature, instruments
- Performance practice : bowing, ornaments, style brisé, tempo
- Appendix I, A pleasant new ballad of "Daphne"
- Appendix II, The Machester [i.e., Manchester] lyra viol book version of "Daphne," with a transcription into staff notation
- Appendix III, A table of graces from the Manchester lyra viol ms. and a second transcription of "Daphne," including possible ornaments.
- Publication date
- D.M.A. term project - Department of Music, Stanford University.
- Related Work
- Manchester gamba book. Daphne.
Browse related items
Start at call number: