The educator's guide to assessing and improving school discipline programs
- Alexandria, Va. : Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, c2007.
- Physical description
- 124 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LB3011 .B628 2007
- Unknown LB3011 .B628 2007
- Boynton, Christine, 1947-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 119-120) and index.
- Articulating philosophical beliefs
- Classroom and buildingwide discipline assessment
- Action plans for relationship issues
- Action plans for parameter issues
- Action plans for monitoring issues
- Action plans for consequence issues
- Improvement plans for teachers struggling with discipline
- Action plans for a challenging student
- Answers to top discipline questions.
- Publisher's Summary
- When a one-class-at-a-time approach can?t address a pervasive discipline problem, you need this book to implement a schoolwide solution. The authors of The Educator's Guide to Preventing and Solving Discipline Problems provide you with a research-based model to help your school * Build positive relationships with students * Define parameters for acceptable student behavior * Monitor the parameters for acceptable student behavior * Develop effective consequences when problems occur To ensure your plan is a success, the book provides lots of helpful tools, including: * Strategies for addressing philosophical differences about discipline and creating a shared vision * Self-assessments that help teachers and schools target their strengths and weaknesses * Interview and observation forms for getting feedback on discipline issues * Classroom and buildingwide action plans for implementing your solutions and dealing with especially challenging situations.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Mark Boynton & Christine Boynton.
- 9781416606116 (pbk.)
- 1416606114 (pbk.)